Eating these 5 foods can boost your body’s energy, focus and memory! Try adding these into your daily diet to keep your brain sharp for your work meetings, school exams or just your everyday life!
Honey, where did I put my keys? We get it! No matter what, it seems like something's always missing, even after you’ve cleaned the.Whole.House. Not to mention, what was the cat sitters name? If you’re finding yourself feeling less focused, and having a harder time remembering things like where you put your keys or the cat sitters name, we’ve got some brain foods that might be able to help.
See, when our bodies go through the daily stresses of life our immune system starts to rev up and fight back as if stress was an infection. If we’ve nourished ourselves properly our bodies have the energy and essentials to protect us and keep our illnesses under control. When we’re slacking our bodies have to work extra hard to keep us going… and helping us remember where our keys went isn’t the first thing our bodies are going to put energy towards. Hormones that are released from the gut travel to the brain and can influence cognitive function like processing new information, staying focused and recognizing when we’re full. If you’re looking to stay sharp- try incorporating these 5 brain foods into your daily diet to boost your focus and memory!
- Walnuts – Think it’s a coincidence that walnuts look like a brain? These little replicas are a good source of vitamin E, which is thought to help keep mental loss associated with aging (like Alzheimer’s) away. The high antioxidant, vitamin and mineral content helps improve mental alertness as well.
- Blueberries- Chocked full of antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin K and fiber, these little berries are also great for brain power. Turns out, blueberries have high levels of gallic acid which protects our brains from degeneration and stress.
- Pumpkin Seeds –Not just for Halloween! Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc which can boost memory and thinking skills. These little seeds are also pumped with magnesium, B vitamins and tryptophan, which releases serotonin in your brain – making you feel happier & less stressed!
- Avocados – Avocado toast anyone? Turns out this trend is actually great for improving your brain power! Avocados harness the power of Oleic acid which helps build myelin in your brain. Myelin is the outer coating around nerve fibers which helps you process information more quickly and efficiently.
- Tomatoes – BLT ready. These red, juicy little guys are actually a brain saver! Since they are one of the richest sources of lycopene! Lycopene is a phytochemical that protects cells in your brain from the damage that is caused by free radicals – take that dementia!
Do you eat any of these brain foods daily?
Leave a comment or tag us on our social sites using #erinbakers - we love it when we've inspired you!