5 Ingredient, Simple Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Not too sweet and gluten free!
These tasty treats are easy to make and provide you with the rich fiber, protein and iron that is found in unsweetened coconut! Unsweetened coconut also contains good fatty acids that metabolize as energy and is a good source of potassium.
Other than these macaroons, unsweetened coconut can be used in curry, cooked with chicken, sprinkled on salad or mixed into smoothies. If you are lucky enough to live in Bellingham, WA stop by our Retail Store and pick some up!
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- parchment paper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, combine well
- Using a small scoop (or 1/2 tbsp of mixture) place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool and Enjoy!
TIP: You can also drizzle with a little dark chocolate... YUM
Who will you be sharing these delicious and healthy treats with?