Breakfast Cheesecake Bites Recipe for Busy Mornings
It's like a dessert cheesecake, but for breakfast! Lightly sweetened, full of protein and whole grains - this recipe is perfect for those mornings you just need to grab and go. Top with your favorite fruit & enjoy!
These cups are a delicious twist between a breakfast parfait and a cheesecake dessert. They've got chocolate granola, Greek yogurt, cream cheese and fresh berries, yes, it is heaven in your mouth. According to studies, eating breakfast can increase your resting metabolism by up to 10% - so jump start your morning and start burning those calories early!
With a sweet, tangy filling and crunchy-chocolatey crust this recipe is an ideal way to curb that sweet tooth either in the morning or as an after dinner snack. Not to mention it is so easy to make, just mix and bake the night before and voilà you've got a delicious on the go breakfast all week. Or, double the recipe and bring it in as a surprise morning treat for your co-workers... may as well start 2018 off on the right foot in the office 😊
Breakfast Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Ingredients for Granola Crust
- 1 cup Double Chocolate Chunk Homestyle Granola
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
Ingredients for Cheesecake Filling
- 4oz light cream cheese softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt - we used 0%
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh mixed berries to top the cheesecakes
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line a regular sized muffin tin with 9 baking cups.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in microwave.
- In a medium bowl, mix granola and melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Add about a tablespoon of the granola mixture into the lined muffin cups, pressing into the bottoms to form the crust.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Then add the Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, and maple syrup. Beat for a few minutes until well combined.
- Divide the filling evenly between the muffin liners. Filling each to just below the top of the liner.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until centers are set (centers may still jiggle slightly).
- Allow to cool completely in muffin pan and then place in the refrigerator until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Serve chilled, topped with your favorite berries. (Store leftovers in the refrigerator.)
What is your favorite make ahead on-the-go breakfast?
Leave a comment or tag us on our social sites using #erinbakers - we love it when we've inspired you!
Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or leave a Comment