Chocolate Cream Pie with Peanut Butter Granola Crust
What's better than chocolate and peanut butter? When it's a delicious, single serve cream pie! The salty peanut butter granola crust gives the perfect crunch to the delicious chocolate cream pie filling. Truly a delectable dessert that you can make for any party or holiday get together- and the mason jars make them easy to travel with if you're in charge of bringing the dessert!
Prep: 30 minutes Servings: 15 mason jars + 1 pie pan or 30 4oz mason jars Difficulty: Intermediate
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 egg yolks
- 6 cup whole milk
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 4 oz Baker's unsweetened chocolate squares- chopped into pieces
- Whipped cream for topping
- 12 oz Erin Baker's Peanut Butter Granola
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 4 oz mason jars
- 9-inch pie pan
- Food processor
- Piping bag with 1 m tip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grind Peanut Butter Granola in Food Processor and pulse until ground.
- Add 3/4 cup melted butter and grind until mixed in.
- Scoop 1/3 cups crust mixture into each mason jar and firmly press into bottom.
- Use remainder of crust and press firmly into 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake crust in jars & pie tin for 10-15 minutes until starting to crisp.
- In a medium sized pan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Whisk egg yolks and milk together.
- Add milk & egg mixture to sugar mixture and heat over medium - med/high heat.
- Whisk constantly for 10-12 minutes- until mixture cooks and comes to a low boil.
- Turn down heat and continue whisking 2 minutes- until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, add in chocolate chips, butter, vanilla, and unsweetened chocolate and stir until smooth & melted.
- Pour mixture into large bowl and cover with plastic wrap pressed onto the filling.
- Cool in fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Use piping bag or a ziplock bag to add chocolate pie filling onto the crust in the mason jars and pie pan.
- Cover pies with mason jar lids or plastic wrap for several hours or overnight.
- Add whipped cream before you're ready to serve! Optional: top with sprinkles, chocolate chips, or granola clusters!
What's your favorite recipe to bake with a granola crust?
Leave a comment or tag us on our social sites using #erinbakers - we love it when we've inspired you!
Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or leave a Comment
Love this Post? Be sure to subscribe so they come straight to your inbox!