Green Spinach Smoothie with Vanilla Almond Quinoa Homestyle Granola
Smoothie bowls have been popping up everywhere it seems! Some bloggers are saying its become the new cereal, even going as far as calling it "Cereal 2.0". I decided to give it a try to see what all the hype was about with this green smoothie bowl.
I found them to be a fun, nutritious way to get fruits and veggies, as well as super-foods into your daily diet. Smoothie bowls are a filling and sustaining snack perfect for any time of day and are as customizable as you would like them to be! The best thing about smoothie bowls are that since you are eating them with a spoon instead of through a straw you can make them as thick as you want! Adding seeds, nuts, nut butters or avocado for extra creaminess or texture. I also really enjoyed my smoothie in a bowl because it allows me to add nutritious toppings like bananas, chia seeds, berries and my favorite - Homestyle Granola for an added crunch! Topping your bowl with my big clustered granola adds whole grains, protein and fiber to your diet which will help keep you fueled and energized throughout your day. So next time you don't want to eat your greens plain, blend them up with some delicious fruit instead!
- 4 cups of raw spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 8oz. of juice of your choice (orange, pineapple, etc.)
- 1 cup of Erin Baker's Vanilla Almond Quinoa Homestyle Granola
- Blend all ingredients except chia seeds and granola in a blender until smooth.
- Top smoothie bowl with granola and any other desired fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, etc.
- *Optional step: If you prefer a thicker smoothie you can freeze the smoothie bowl for an hour after step #1.
If you make this green smoothie bowl with our Vanilla Almond Quinoa Granola please leave a comment or tag a picture using #erinbakers on Instagram, or any other social network, we love it when we've inspired you!