Ice Cream Pie with a Chocolate Granola No Bake Crust!
As you all know, I'm an avid supporter of healthy eating... but we all need a treat now and then! My rule for when I indulge is to make sure there are still some wholesome ingredients that my body can gain nutrients from. A very simple recipe that I like to make for friends and family is ice cream pie... who doesn't love ice cream (or frozen yogurt)?
I make the pie crust with my Double Chocolate Chunk Granola and then spread the ice cream of my choice on top (make sure to check the ingredients for no high fructose corn syrup). Here's how!
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups of Erin Baker's Double Chocolate Chunk Granola (or more if you want a thick crust)
- 1/2 stick of butter (OR 1/4 cup of coconut oil)... your choice!
- Take ice cream (or frozen yogurt) of choice out of freezer at least 30 minutes before making to soften
- Melt butter (or warm coconut oil)
- Mix melted butter with Double Chocolate Chunk Granola - mash up all of the big chunks
- Place mixed granola into bottom of pie dish and press to form crust
- Spread softened ice cream on top of granola crust
- Place finished ice cream pie into freezer for about an hour to firm back up
- Top with fruit for finishing touch (optional)
- Serve and Enjoy!
What ice cream will you be using for your treat?
I would love to hear from you!