Power Oat Squares Recipe
A Protein Packed Snack
It's national oat month! To celebrate you can cheers your Breakfast Cookie (the first ingredient is whole grain oats!) or make something special for the occasion. We've come up with a fantastic energizing snack that is not only packed with protein but is also delicious!
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 sheet of parchment paper
* If you're lucky enough to live in Bellingham, WA, stop by our retail store to purchase the majority of these ingredients!
- Line a 8x8 pan or baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for the honey and peanut butter; mix well
- Add honey to the mixture and stir until well coated, then add peanut butter; mix well
- Press mixture firmly into pan until it is evenly distributed
- Chill in freezer for 1 hour or in fridge for 1 night to set
- Using the parchment paper, remove the entire block from the pan and cut into desired square or bar size
What is your favorite oat recipe?
I would love to hear from you!